1. Bands must apply to play in 2020 - APPLY HERE before 30 September 2019
2. Once selected, all musicians must register (form available in November 2019)
What You Need to Know
Our jazz festival is run to raise money for local community organisations, so payments are therefore limited. The festival is held in Victoria, Australia, and while we love to see overseas bands we cannot pay for travel or accommodation.
- Approximately 40 bands can play at the festival, each able to appear twice.
- We pay musicians $120 each, no matter how many bands they play in, and big bands receive $400.
- You must submit a band image of at least 1800 pixels or 15 cm wide, or the submission will not be considered.
- Grand pianos and drum kits are provided, but not keyboards or bass amps.
- P A gear is supplied for vocalists and acoustic instruments.
- All spots are for 1 hour (50 minutes playing)
Please understand we receive many more submissions than we can program. The Festival is committed to presenting a wide and varied lineup, so we are continually faced with hard choices involving artists we would love to book but simply don't have the space for. This in no way signifies a lack of appreciation for the work.