Band Applications for the Jazz Festival, 8-11 March 2019
- Band applications are now open for the 2019 Inverloch Jazz Festival
- Applications must be submitted by 30th September 2018
- We will notify the leaders of the selected bands directly by mid-October
- Previous submissions are not held, you must re-submit materials to be considered
- Approximately 40 bands can take part, each able to appear twice.
This festival is to raise money for community projects and organisations, so payments are therefore limited and we do not pay for travel or accommodation. In recent years, musicians have been paid $120 each no matter how many bands they play in. Big bands are paid $400. Musicians are paid by cheque in August.
We have many bands wishing to appear so they are invited by a panel, and selected with the following criteria in mind:
- Bands should be playing jazz: although the festival has a very broad music policy it is a jazz festival. Please do not apply if you are not suitable.
- We want a diversity of jazz genres: bands who offer something a bit different will have more chance of being selected.
- Bands should currently be playing at public venues.
- Bands with a vocalist are highly regarded.
- Bands should have the ability to entertain and evidence of skill should be provided through Youtube, CDs, or links to sound clips.
- You must provide a high resolution in-focus photo of the band. Minimum of 800 KB in size. Facebook photos are compressed so are not suitable.
- All spots are for one hour, including setup and exit: you must finish at 10 minutes to the hour to let the next band start on time.
- Musicians must be in no more than three bands: be aware that musicians used from other bands may cause clashes with timetable scheduling.
- Before you submit applications, please discuss with your personnel how many bands they are playing in, and their availability over the weekend.
Band leader must fill out form below and submit by 30 September 2018
Or you can download the band_application.pdf form, fill it in and post it back to us: